Broadspectrum doubles Indigenous procurement spend in 2018
Broadspectrum is pleased to share its Corporate Social Responsibility Report for 2018.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) vision is to be recognised for our leadership in fostering a culture that supports and encourages lawful, ethical and socially responsible behaviour. This Report seeks to demonstrate how we will achieve this through our corporate governance; policies, procedures and initiatives; and with tangible CSR objectives embedded in our sectors and support functions.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Tom Quinn said: “We have a 60-year heritage of delivering services and benefits to the communities where we live and work. Our company Purpose reflects this inherent commitment that drives our people and their passion to deliver better solutions; Together, we deliver essential services shaping our communities.”
- empowering our people to be Safe for Life, and providing them with the knowledge, tools and the authority to actively reduce the risks to their safety and wellbeing
- building on our commitment to employ and spend locally, with more than 90 per cent local employment and more than 80 per cent local procurement spend
- launching our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan, and committing to more than 40 actions to help close the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- more than doubling our procurement spend with Indigenous suppliers, increasing it from $5.1 million in 2017 to $12.3 million in 2018
- stringent environmental operational standards that resulted in zero environmental incidents, and
- sponsoring and donating to worthy causes, such as the Olivia Newtown-John Cancer Research Institute’s Wellness Walk and Research Run, to Odyssey House and to community organisations across Australia through Easternwell’s Community Grants Program.
This Report highlights the great work our people do every day. This includes:
Broadspectrum’s Corporate Social Responsibility Report for 2018 is a testament to our people and their commitment to work guided by our Purpose, values and a commitment to share our success with the communities where we work.