Transfield Services awarded approximately $150 million in new and renewed contracts
Transfield Services has been awarded A$150 million in new and renewed contracts across its Australian and New Zealand business. Notable amongst these awards are:
- Transfield Worley Power Services (TWPS), a 50:50 joint venture (JV) between Transfield Services and WorleyParsons, has signed a five-year NZ$100 million integrated services contract with Genesis Energy in New Zealand. The contracted work scope includes planned maintenance and outage works at the client’s hydro and thermal power stations.
- A one-year, circa A$30 million extension with BlueScope Steel to provide maintenance, planning and execution services at its Port Kembla steel works.
- Transfield Services subsidiary Easternwell has secured five new previously announced contracts and contract extensions for its camp management services worth approximately $40 million throughout the Surat and Cooper Basins with some of Australia’s leading oil and gas operators, including Santos.
- A three-year contract with Millmerran Power Partners to deliver operations and maintenance services to the coal and ash handling facilities at its Millmerran Power Station in the Darling Downs region of Queensland. The contract has a two-year extension option.
- A new one-year contract with Chorus for the installation of New Zealand’s Ultrafast Broadband (UFB) Network in Wellington. The contract builds on the Transfield Services’ other UFB installation projects across the country.
- A contract with Caltex Refining to deliver a major scheduled shutdown at its Lytton refinery in Queensland. The shutdown is expected to require a temporary workforce of approximately 220 personnel.
“These contracts with blue chip clients across Australia and New Zealand demonstrate our diverse capabilities in delivering essential services to a range of industries,” commented Graeme Hunt, Transfield Services Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. “A key element of our growth strategy is to deliver more services to more of our clients.”
Transfield Services has more than 200 clients across 18 industries and 10 countries. The Company draws on this diverse expertise to share its knowledge and challenge thinking to develop and implement innovative solutions for clients.
Executive General Manager Tax & Treasury
Ph +61 2 9464 1478
Mb +61 400 471 210
Executive General Manager, Corporate Affairs
Ph +61 2 9464 1615
Mb +61 409 563 693
Transfield Services employs over 19,000 people across 20
industries and 10 countries.
We are a global provider of operations, maintenance and construction
services to the Resources, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, Property
and Defence sectors.
We deliver asset management services across all phases of the asset lifecycle, from concept and creation, to services that sustain, optimise and enhance our Client’s assets. With diverse global experience and expertise, we share our knowledge and challenge thinking to develop and implement innovative solutions that deliver real value for our Clients. Our unique approach enables us to deliver continuous improvements in asset performance and sustain long term relationships with our Clients and partners.