Increasing water flow
The FutureFlow Alliance transformed 62 kilometres of manually-operated, open irrigation channels to a fully automated irrigation system in 18 months. This project for Goulburn Murray Water was the largest and most rapidly constructed channel automation system in Australia.
- $283 million irrigation renewal across Australia’s food bowl
- 62 kilometres of channel improvements made in world-record time
- 1,680 flume gates installed and integrated into one IT-controlled water distribution network
- Design and construct more 3,281 new meters
- Rationalise 490 dethridge wheels
- Saved more than 30 per cent of water, previously lost. This equates to 94 gigalitres annually.
The FutureFlow Alliance provided a complete suite of project services from consulting and management, to procurement, construction and maintenance. We used our broad portfolio of skills and created solutions for telemetry, safety, quality control and logistics.
By offering a range of services, we saved costs, improved quality and reduced time – everything our client could ask for.
Our innovative, ambitious and successful approach to the work for Goulburn Murray Water was so successful, FutureFlow won the prestigious Infrastructure Partnership Australia award as the leading project in the Smart Infrastructure Project category.