Cost savings due to early engagement
Managing Eastlink, Melbourne
Client: Connect East
- Road traffic control room operations 24/7
- Incident response 24/7
- Asset management
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Tolling equipment support
- Civil maintenance and repair
Broadspectrum was part of the original consortium that won the rights to design, build, operate and maintain Eastlink in 2003. The contract was part of a 39-year concession with the state. Our current Eastlink Operations and Maintenance contract began in 2008 and was renewed in 2015, seeing us work on EastLink until 2020.
Our diverse responsibilities are delivered with speed and precision in complex and potentially dangerous environments. We have procedures to mitigate risk in the all areas of the large contract, from landscaping open spaces to maintaining the two tunnels and 39 kilometres of toll roads.
A strong performance on EastLink means a safe and efficient tollway for Melbourne’s residents as well as an attractive and sustainable surrounding landscape. We place great importance on the landscaping aspect of the contract. It is an important green space for Victoria and Landscape Architecture magazine recently named it amongst the 10 most significant Australian landscape architecture works this millennium.
We are a reliable partner of Connect East because we have been involved with EastLink since its inception. Our intimate knowledge of the arterial means we find cost saving solutions and innovations where others would not think to look which benefits our client and its customers.
- $250,000-300,000 tolls collected each day
- Landscaping 450 hectares of roadway and share paths along 39km of toll road
- Managing traffic control and incident response 24 hours x 7 days
- Supply all plant and equipment
- Broadspectrum Operations Manager liaises directly with all emergency services responding to Eastlink calls