Broadspectrum has a 30-year heritage as an Australian industry partner to Defence. We are active on the majority of Defence bases and in their training areas. We operate in every Australian State and Territory. As an ADM Top 10 industry partner to Defence, we actively drive a collaborative and trusted relationship with the Department of Defence through its various Groups and the individual services of the Australian Defence Force.
Broadspectrum is focused on a strategic partnership with Defence to control or reduce total life cycle costs while driving better value and capability outcomes. We are recognised as a trusted provider of facilities management and asset maintenance, platform materiel sustainment, and are active in promoting an embedded support offering to ADF operations and exercises. As a strong industry partner to Defence we have an excellent understanding of the relationship and connectivity between industry and Defence. We regularly share our knowledge and learnings across the various industries we work in, such as delivering projects in complex oil and gas environments, horizontal and vertical construction, and our extensive business across the health, education, justice, housing and corporate real estate sectors.
Our three primary Defence Contracts employ more than 3,000 people, offering Defence access to more than 100 job categories:
- Defence Base Services (DBS). We are the largest provider of base services, managing 3 of the 5 regional zones on behalf of Defence, plus several national service verticals.
- Defence Maintenance & Support Services (DMSS). We are a platform agnostic maintenance provider with the ability to expand supply to match Defence’s demand. We currently deliver approximately 885,000 hours per annum for the maintenance, repair and support services necessary to sustain Defence’s land and maritime materiel.
- National Clothing Store Services (NCSS) contract. We operate 28 Defence retail clothing stores delivering over the counter sales, combat clothing kitting and uniform tailoring services
- Maritime Services. We have a long history of association with the maritime sector – we built Navy’s ANZAC Class frigates. Currently we are delivering complex paint and blast operations, skilled in confined spaces and the fit out of maritime vessels.
We operate through a national, but regionally delivered network of high-quality people, whether they be Broadspectrum or a trusted supplier in our vast network. Our people live locally, are employed locally as part of the broader Defence community – they are the workforce behind the Defence force, delivering services to over 20,000 Defence personnel every day.
We are always developing innovative service models designed to meet Defence’s current and evolving needs. Our people are adept at using technology, smart asset management processes, and demonstrate a drive for innovative service delivery models which optimise equipment, assets and facilities. We deliver the M1A1 Abram Tank technical refresh and upgrade programs, leveraging our technically skilled and United States (US) trained workforce, made possible by our privileged access to Defence’s deep maintenance facilities.
- Operations and Exercises
- Complex program management
- Project management of construction projects, through subsidiary APP
- vehicle sustainment, including armoured vehicles and light, medium and heavy general transport vehicles
- In-field support
- Weapon maintenance programs for direct, indirect and missile systems
- Night vision and weapon optic maintenance and repair
- Materials science and engineering
- Resource management, planning and contract administration
- Petrol, oil and lubricants
- Fire and emergency response
- Complex paint and blast operations in confined spaces
- Estate operations and logistics services